The CIS, Certified Incentive Specialist, is an entry level certification program from SITE.
Professionals from around the globe will acquire in an efficient manner a broad comprehension of the incentive travel industry. All emerging professionals, faculty members and students aspiring to enter this specialized segment of the meetings and events industry may use CIS as a stepping stone to reach higher levels of professionalism.
Individuals will - in a two day seminar/workshop - learn the fundamentals of incentives, the origins of incentive programs and incentive travel, the value chain, the value proposition of motivational programs and non-cash awards, the composition of the market, the makings of a program and a program budget, industry tools and platforms and other valuable information.
Should you already be a professional with previous experience, CIS will provide you with elements to reach higher standards of education and industry best practice.
CIS is designed for SITE members and non-members alike in the knowledge that SITE serves as a source of expertise, knowledge and personal connections that will catapult and sustain professional growth, and help build the value of extraordinary motivational experiences worldwide.
The CIS (Certified Incentive Specialist):
1. Is a group learning experience
2. Seeks to have as many professionals as possible involved.
3. Is a certification which acknowledges the experience of some and elevates the knowledge of all.
4. Will give certified professionals a greater understanding of the theory and practice of creative and effective Motivational Programs and Motivational Travel within the value chain.
5. Is a pre-requisite for the CITE certificate, ensuring a consistent baseline understanding and attained criteria.
CIS professionals will become members of a community with specific privileges that will enhance their recognition.
CIS professionals will need to re-certify with SITE every 3 years. This incurs a with a 25.- USD processing fee. Please read "CIS Re-Certification guidelines".
CIS seeks to elevate the professionalism and competitiveness of all industry professionals, including members and non-members.